Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wholesale Blunts Ville

IN THE AIR TONIGHT - Phil Collins, live from the Farewell Tour Video (+ Cover & Lyrics)

IN THE AIR TONIGHT - Phil Collins, live von der Farewell Tour Video (+ Cover & Lyrics), Phil Collins, Video, Songtext Lyrics, Cover, live en vivo Konzert Concert concierto, englisch britisch,

In the Air Tonight is a song by pop star Phil Collins, released as a single and on his Face Value album from 1981.

In the Air Tonight "became a worldwide hit and a week was No. 1 on the German charts and 10 for 5 weeks in the top In Austria and Switzerland was the song two weeks to 1 in the UK, it reached No. 2 and in the U.S. it was number 19 and a million seller.

The text is deliberately vague, leading to different interpretations (see below: urban legend) has given rise. It is clear, in reality, that the singer first appeals to a different person and explained that he had his act (which is not known) observed: ". I saw what you did"


is the chorus of an equally vague feeling of the speech to which the Singer had been waiting all his life ". I can feel it coming in the air tonight / I've been waiting for this moment for all my life"

Musically, the piece of land by chords from the Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 synthesizer on a simple, from a Roland drum machine - the CR-78 - marked produced basic rhythm; an electric guitar makes with individual inserts for strengthening of the atmosphere, characterized by increasing use of the drums and the ever louder chorus sung towards the end increases.

The special and often acclaimed Sound of Drums was created by chance in that mistake with an image of the mixer to reverse talk-back "function was on.

This drum sound that is heard in similar form in Peter Gabriel (Genesis had left earlier) on his solo album last year, was subsequently a defining characteristic of both Genesis and Phil Collins.

single and album version are quite different in that to hear the single version at the beginning of the above-mentioned drum sound is.

in 1988 released a remix, it was sometimes even more successful than the original version.

In September 2007, the song was used in a commercial for the Dairy Milk chocolate bar, where a gorilla playing the Schlagzeugriff. As a result, increased In the Air Tonight on 14 Place the UK singles chart.



Lyrics "In The Air Tonight" Phil Collins:

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord Can you feel it coming
in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well if you told me you were drowning
I'ld not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am
I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin
I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment for my life, oh Lord
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

Well I remember
I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget it's the first time
The last time we ever met
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up
No you don't fool me
But the hurt doesn't show
But the pain still grows
Some stranger to you and me

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord
But I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh Lord

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, oh Lord

I can feel it in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
__________

sparked the text of the song, because of its vague allusions to the death by drowning a person, a modern legend from. According to Phil Collins have seen how a man drowned in a lake, but did nothing to save him. Other versions say that the man was killed not by an accident, but was murdered. This interpretation is also in Eminem's Stan.

years later, Collins commented on the large urban legend in an interview with the BBC and denied this interpretation of the text. In fact, he does not know himself, what the text is.

other sources, the song deals with Collins' marital problems.

The song was covered by many R & B / Hip hop artists and groups, including the a cappella band Naturally 7 and U.S. rapper Lil 'Kim (the song was a collaboration between her and Phil Collins). But also other types of music groups published their versions of the song, such as the nu metal band Nonpoint and the German hard rock guitarist Axel Rudi Pell and the Finnish supergroup Northern Kings.



Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins (born January 30, 1951 in Chiswick, London) is an English rock, Drummer, composer and actor. He is known both as a solo artist and as a singer and drummer of progressive rock and modern pop group Genesis.

Collins recorded 1984-1989 seven number-one success in the U.S. singles charts, plus there's an number-one hit with Genesis (Invisible Touch). His songs range from the drums In the Air Tonight emphasis on danceable pop like Sussudio to political statements in Another Day in Paradise, his most successful song.

Collins' international popularity had significant impact on the commercial success of Genesis who, during his time as lead singer of a progressive rock group to a hit parade fit for pop rock band walked. According to Atlantic Records Collins as a solo artist by 2002 over 100 million records sold worldwide.

was the age of five years, Collins Christmas gift a toy drum. Then he built his uncle, a provisional "real" drums on which Collins was playing regularly and as his skills improved. Later, his parents bought him extra drum parts. He practiced by playing alongside the television and radio, but never learned to read and write conventional notation, instead he used a proprietary rating system. Today plays left-handed Collins Drums Gretsch Company preferred and basins of the Canadian company Sabian. He uses without Tom snare head, so-called concert toms.

Collins acted like as an actor and took every opportunity to perform. At the age of 14 he attended the Barbara Speake-acting school and then received in the London production of Oliver! Artful Dodger as his first starring role. In the Beatles film A Hard Day's Night Collins in a small supporting role can be seen. He auditioned for the role of Romeo in the film Romeo and Juliet.

Despite the more or less promising beginnings of an acting career, Collins continued to music. During his time in the Chiswick Community School he founded the school band The Real Thing and later joined The Freehold, with whom he wrote his first song titled "Lying Crying Dying. His first contract was awarded Collins as drummer for Flaming Youth. Published in 1969 and inspired by the moon landing, Ark 2 concept album remained benign despite record reviews of commercial success failed. Although named the Melody Maker the work for pop album of the month and described it as "beautifully played music for adults with beautiful, tight harmonies, yet the single," From Now On played on the radio and not the record sales were low. For a whole year, the group went on tour and then broke up because of lawsuits and persistent band Failure to

0 comments:

Post a Comment